Favorite Dances So Far - D:3 Edition

As the name suggests, Dil Dostii Dance is about love, friendship and dance. I love the way each element is mixed wonderfully to create an entertaining concoction. So far I've faithfully kept up with the show and I've come to enjoy almost all of the dance performances. What I really like is that with each performance, the choreographers and the dancers try to create something new and better. I've also noticed that with each performance, the bar is set even higher. I can't wait for what will come in the future. But before that, let's take a look at my favorite dances so far...  

Dazzlers
  • Footloose Audition

This was the first time we got to watch the Dazzlers in action and I must say they were amazing! I loved their entry onto the stage and I loved the way the props were used. I also loved their attitude. Hats off to the choreographers for coming up with something new and creating an extremely entertaining performance. 
  • Footloose Finals

This time the Dazzlers were paying homage to Michael Jackson who is considered the God of dance. He had a unique style which so different from his contemporaries. He dared to be different and created a sensation. I loved the way the Dazzlers used his signature steps and combined with an Bollywood song sung by Kishore Kumar. Another innovative use of music and style. I have to complement Amar, Macedon, Sneha, Archie and Samentha for doing an awesome job.

Weaklings
  • Footloose Eliminations

This performance is really special. This was Shakti's last dance performance. Shortly after this episode she quit the show. This performance was so different and unique. It was a mix of Bollywood and contemporary. I liked the way this performance showcased Shakti's dancing skill. No one can take her place.
  • Footloose Finals

This was another heart-wrenching performance by the Weaklings. I loved the way the Kal Ho Na Ho theme was used. Each dancer was expressing their own frustrations with college life. I could totally connect with their emotions and frustrations. Once again, I commend them for doing something different.

Group Dances
  • Chamak Challo during the Diwali Special

This performance was during the Diwali Special. I loved the way the Dazzlers and Weaklings came together to give an amazing performance. I loved the way the entire song was choreographed. The boys section was awesome and the girls certainly did well. If you notice, Sneha is missing in this group dance. She wasn't present in the Diwali Special since she was very ill at the time. Wish she was in this too.
  • Charity Event

Talk about a group dance! This is certainly it! I loved the attitude, the song and most of all the dance! I've got to admit after I watched this, I wanted to get up and join them on stage! They make every step look so effortless and easy! Thumbs up!
  • India Fest

This was the first group performance after Shakti quit the show. It was awesome to see the Weaklings and the Dazzlers come together again and create fire on the stage. I love the way they were able to include almost every popular song of the time and create an awesome performance. Sneha once again had awesome attitude and stood out among all the girls. Among the boys I loved ReYam's bits the most.

Face Offs
  • Weaklings vs. Dazzlers 1 (up till 3:40)

This is the first face-off between the Dazzlers and the Weaklings. This face-off takes place right after their Footloose audition performance. I love the energy that each group has and most of all I love that they stick to their own specific style while they perform. For me personally, the Weaklings totally steal the Dazzler's thunder!
  • Boys vs. Girls

This face-off is cute rather than fierce! The girls and boys are given a project - understand the opposite sex. The girls decide to do a dance presentation and the boys just had to do the same. The song choices for both are just awesome. I like how Shakti totally imitates Amar to the T! Although I have to say the Girls won this one for me!
  • Weaklings vs. Dazzlers 2

This face-off takes place after the Footloose competition. The Dazzlers won the competition but the Weaklings were wrongly disqualified from performing. This has to do with Shivam's deviousness but the Weaklings are unaware of that and blame Sharon for their loss. They feel that if they performed, they would have won. I absolutely love the attitude of both teams. A special shout out to Sneha. Not only is she an amazing dancer, but she also has amazing stage presence. That girl can sure dance! She will definitely be missed. I love that in the end their love for dance brings them together. 
  • St. Louisians vs. KR College

This one is my most favorite face-off. This one takes place after the rowdy dancers from KR College challenge the St. Louisans to a face-off during the Dace Fest. The St. Louisians totally put the rowdy KR dancers in their place and showed them that no one can mess with the St. Louisians on their own turf! I love how Rey, Swayam and Nilesh totally overpower the KR rowdies with their excellent dancing.

Couple Dances
  • First KriYansh Dance

This one is special! This was the first time Kriya and Rey were dancing together in the show. I've enjoyed watching Amar and Shakti on Dance India Dance. Each time they came together, they set the stage on fire. I had high expectations for their first dance on the show and they certainly did not disappoint!
  • Roop Tera Mastana by KriYansh

I absolutely loved watching this super sensuous and hot performance by KriYansh! They totally set the screen on fire with their rocking performance. As usual, Shakti and Amar were fabulous and their chemistry was out of this world! I have to say Shakti totally rocked the saree and Amar was his usual hot self!
  • Hay Rama by SwaRon

Like Kriyansh, SwaRon too had their moment with this super sexy and sensuous number. Hay Rama is such a powerful song and I love the way the choreographers interpreted it. Sneha and Shantanu totally rocked this song and performance. I could literally feel the tension and the chemistry pouring out of them. Their intensity and strength made this a super special performance for all SwaRon fans.

Boys
  • Kya Kare Kya Na Kare by ReYam

This song cemented the ReYam bond. Both boys were confused by the way their respective girls were treating them. Both boys shared their frustrations with each other. Both had no idea how to tell their respective lady loves how they felt. The song goes perfectly with their situation. Not to mention Shantanu and Amar dance amazingly! It's a treat watching them on screen!
  • Maa Da Ladla

The boys perform this song at Prof. RDX and Nicole's sangeet. This is such a hilarious performance. It's so funny to see these macho guys dancing in such a feminine fashion. Also I love the expression on the girls' faces. Macedon is absolutely hilarious in this song and totally stands out!

Girls
  • First dance by Kriya

This dance takes place when Sharon challenges Kriya to prove herself. Kriya does not hesitate and shows the 'Dazzlers' who she really is. She sets the stage on fire and proves to St. Louis that the 'Dazzlers' are not the only ones who can dance. I love Shakti's attitude and confidence in this song. She totally nails it!
  • Gopala during the Diwali Special

This was another performance from the Diwali special. The girls were amazing in this performance. This was the first time the girls did something that was totally Bollywood. Hats off to Alisha for choreographing this catchy song. A special shout out to Samentha aka Simmi for her belly dancing bit!   
  • Chane Ke Khet Mein by Neha

First off. let it be knows that this is my favorite Madhuri Dixit song. Madhuri is absolutely awesome in this song. When I saw this on D3, I have to say Alisha did an awesome job. She kept the steps similar to the original but I love that the boys are her backup dancers. The creativity is just awesome. Even though the steps are mostly the same, I like that they tried something new. 

Special Mention
  • Bole Chudiyan featured on Ek Hazaron Mein Meri Behna Hai

The D3 cast made a special appearance in Ek Hazaron Mein Meri Behna Hai for Viren and Jeevika's sangeet. It was awesome seeing the group do a Bollywood number. Alisha, Shakti and Sneha were absolutely amazing in this song. It was nice seeing Sneha finally dance an out an out Bollywood number. The boys were dashing in their shervanis. Here's hoping for more Bollywood dance numbers.

  • Flash Mob by Rey, Swayam, Aashi and Nilesh

I wasn't able to find a full video of the performance. When I do I will update this post...

What an amazing performance and concept! Once the music starts, everything changes. The mannequins turn out to be dancers in costume. Rey, Swayam and Nilesh have an amazing entry. The choreography was awesome. The creativity and the ingenuity of the performance was just awesome. Hats off to all the folks involved with creating something so spectacular!

No comments:

Post a Comment